Certification in Child-Centered EMDR – Accredited Course
Certification in Child-Centered EMDR – Accredited Course, Fully accredited CC- EMDR certification to help children with stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, and PTSD etc.
This AIOTH, UK accredited CC-EMDR training and certification will enable you to use Child-Centered Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing or CC-EMDR for stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), and complex PTSD etc.
This course is designed keeping in mind, that you might have no prior information about EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) or CC-EMDR (Child-Centered Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and PTSD. We have tried to avoid jargon as much as possible and have simplified the concepts and terminologies for you.
This course will cover:
- Introduction to Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Introduction to Child-Centered EMDR (CC-EMDR)
- Standard EMDR vs CC-EMDR
- Child-Centered Bilateral Stimulation Techniques
- Understanding Trauma in Children
- Types of traumatic events and experiences
- Impact of trauma on children’s development and functioning
- Assessment of trauma in children
- 8-Phases of EMDR
- Step-by-Step CC-EMDR
- Preparing for CC-EMDR
- Stabilization in CC-EMDR
- Identification of the traumatic event
- Desensitization in CC-EMDR
- Resource development and installation (RDI) in CC-EMDR
- Closure in CC-EMDR
- Re-evaluation in CC-EMDR
- Building rapport and trust with the child
- Explaining the therapy to the child in age-appropriate terms
- Identifying therapeutic goals and objectives
- Using play and metaphor in therapy
- Diverse Bilateral Stimulation Tools
- Working with children with developmental delays or disabilities
- Cultural sensitivity and diversity in treatment
- Addressing safety and dissociation
- Parental involvement
- Collaboration with other professionals
- Combining CC-EMDR with cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and others
- Measuring therapeutic progress
- Addressing any ongoing issues and providing continued support
Childhood trauma can have a lasting impact on a person’s life, causing negative effects on physical and emotional well-being. Fortunately, EMDR therapy is an evidence-based treatment that has been proven effective in helping individuals heal from traumatic memories, including those stemming from childhood experiences.
Child-Centered EMDR Therapy is a comprehensive online course that provides trauma survivors with the tools they need to heal and recover from past experiences. Through this course, individuals can learn about the history of EMDR therapy and the treatment process. Participants will also explore the benefits of EMDR therapy, including how it can be used to heal childhood trauma.
The course covers the different phases of EMDR therapy, including assessment, desensitization, and reprocessing. Participants will learn exercises and techniques that are used in EMDR therapy, including art therapy and other modalities that focus on the body and mind. The course also teaches participants how to apply mindfulness and self-care practices to enhance the healing process.
Child-Centered EMDR Therapy is designed for trauma survivors seeking to overcome the negative impact of childhood trauma. The course is based on the principle that healing from trauma involves learning to cope with and manage overwhelming emotions. Through EMDR therapy, individuals can develop the tools they need to heal from past experiences and achieve emotional healing.
This programme is accredited, and this Udemy course is recognized for certification by Virtued Academy International, an autonomous institute, under the Virtued Society, incorporated under the act 21, 1860 of the Government of U.P., India. Validity & Utility of the training is conditionally in conformity with the Constitution of India, and the laws of the land under Article 19 1 G. Virtued Academy International provides continuing education for individuals interested in self-development and students should contact the IAOTH, UK for registration/ accreditation and relevant local authorities for the scope of practice.