Business Conundrums for MBA, MBA Case Studies.
This is a course dealing with Business Conundrums. The format is simple: 20 Case Studies. One per week is discussed. Each Case Study comes with:
a. a printed version which you should print before we discuss
b. some key areas identified for discussion
c. a highly interactive Instructor!
This last category (c) is significant. Each week we only focus on ONE Case Study. Any points/suggestions/comments about other Case Studies will be dismissed. We all need to focus, explore, develop and discuss.
Section A Case Studies
1. Product Innovation vs. Market Demand
2. Expansion vs. Core Competency
3. Cost Leadership vs. Premium Quality
4. Sustainability vs. Immediate Profitability
5. Automation vs. Workforce
6. International Expansion vs. Domestic Focus
7. Digital Transformation vs. Traditional Business Model
Section B Case Studies
This section, rather than give you the 3 key areas, poses a series of discussion questions.
1. Balancing Profitability and Accessibility in an Online Education Platform
2. Ethical Data Acquisition in AI Personalization Start-Up
3. Balancing Commercial Success and National Security in a Defence Technology Firm
4. Implementing AI in Healthcare While Ensuring Equity and Privacy
5. Integrating Cutting-Edge Technology in a Private Education Chain
6. Sustainable Innovation in AgriTech for a Farming Cooperative
7. Enhancing Guest Experience through Technology in the Hospitality Sector
8. Balancing Development and Sustainability in Boosting Local Tourism
9. Maximizing Impact through Fundraising for Stroke Survivor Support
10. Balancing Affordability and Profitability in the Housing Sector
11. Competing in the Premier League with Limited Financial Resources
12. Innovating in the Weight Loss Industry Amidst Ethical and Efficacy Challenges
13. Navigating Innovation, Ethics, and Profitability in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Think of this like one big classroom with an Instructor ensuring that the class remain focused on the particular topic/Case Study. This exchange of ideas between students from all over the world, is where true learning will take place.