[FREE] How to code 10 times faster with Emmet, Master the life-changing extension.
Hello everyone and welcome to this complete Emmet course.
Emmet is a life-changing extension, it makes it much easier to code in HTML but also in JSX, Vue templates, with Svelte and all other JS frameworks.
It is available on all modern code editors, and we will use VS CODE for this course.
The goal is to use shortcuts called “abbreviations” like this: div.container>ul.list>li.item*6
Once written, all you have to do is press ‘enter‘ or ‘tab‘ to execute them.
Great, isn’t it?
There is also a whole range of actions, which make it easier to manipulate the code:
– Surround text with a, span, and tags
– Select content more easily
– Delete tags without deleting the content
– Teleport to the closing/opening tag
– And many other things
Finally, we can also use Emmet in CSS, which allows us:
– To write properties much faster: m => margin, p10 => padding: 10px, bgc#0 => background-color: #000, etc…
– To use shortcuts, just like in HTML: p10+m10+w100%+bg#0 =>
It is an extremely simple and quick skill to acquire, which is quite rare in web development.
See you on the other side,