Coding interview prep: Software engineering perspective
Coding interview prep: Software engineering perspective, Preparation guildelines from a longer term upskilling perspective. Build expertise beyond system design interviews.
The course is for people who want to uplevel their engineering skills and search for better opportunities without burning out.
Interviews are becoming more time-consuming as the software industry gathers pace. In addition, new trends keep getting introduced, leaving candidates exhausted to keep up.
The course recommends a more systematic knowledge-driven framework over a burst coding mode in browsers.
- Section 1: Necessity for an alternative approach inclined towards career growth instead of instant gratification.
- Section 2: Foundation Phase (12- 9 months)
- The gathering phase. Identify the possible sources for the relevant information.
- Section 3: Reinforcement Phase (9 – 6 months)
- The sorting phase. Organize the resources based on the refined needs of the job search.
- Section 4: Convergence Phase (6 -3 months)
- Drill down further to identify only the necessary information.
- Section 5: End game (3-0 months)
- Execute with a clear plan built on all the gathered information.
- Section 6: Conclusion
- The idea is simple, prepare at your pace throughout the year and apply only when ready to invest 8 weeks for the potential employers.
- Maximize the learnings to capitalize on the current workplace or the new one!
What doesn’t the course offer?
- The course does not talk about compensation and HR interview handling
- The course does not talk about the behavioral interview and dress code etc.
- The course does not explicitly target FAANG/MAANG.
- The course does not deal with urgent career change situations like a layoff, reaction to a bad performance review, etc.