Translation Technology II, Translation Technology II: Free MOOC (English/Chinese translation) (English version): Module 7 – Module 10
This course provides learners with basic training in translation technology, helping them to acquire basic knowledge about computer-aided translation (CAT), machine translation (MT), concepts and available technology for translation, and hands-on experience of applying computer tools to enhance translation productivity. The role which computer technology plays in translation will be discussed.
This course aims to equip students with basic knowledge and skills in translation technology.
Course Intended Learning Outcome
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Describe basic concepts of translation technology (including MT and CAT);
2. Explain the practice of the variety of computer tools which translation technology could offer;
3. Apply available MT systems and CAT tools and select appropriate tools for particular translation tasks;
4. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of computer technology; and
5. Edit the source and target texts to optimize efficiency of computer technology and translation quality.
Course Content / Topics Covered
Translation Technology II:
•Module 7. Introduction to SDL Trados Studio
•Module 8. Introduction to Wordfast
•Module 9. Introduction to Grammarly, Passolo, QuillBot, and Wordtune
•Module 10. Comparison of Translation Technology Tools and Summary
This course is suitable for the general public, especially:
No prerequisites for taking the course. You will learn everything you need to know.