English Shorthand Complete Course, Learn the Practical Shorthand skill you need for the job.
Shorthand is an efficient transcribing method that transfers audible content to written symbols. Shorthand skills have long been crucial to professional occupations, especially in the legal and medical fields where speed and accuracy are paramount.
- Shorthand is easy to learn and you will enjoy mastering a secret script you can use for the rest of your life
- Writing shorthand is like writing longhand, but it is quicker. English has some set of signs (alphabet) to record the words. Shorthand also has some set of geometrical signs. Like longhand, the shorthand signs also can be read back later or put back in longhand words.
- Shorthand (Stenography) is learned by constant, regular, and vigorous practice.
- It takes 2 to 6 months to complete the exercises, depending upon the time utilized for its practice every day.
- Pitman’s Shorthand is based on rules and hence you must be thorough with all the rules and exceptions included.
- After completing the course, you will be able to write in shorthand, a simple general passage at 40 to 50 words a minute, The way to become an expert shorthand writer is by reading, copying, and taking down from dictation shorthand that is not only rightly formed by the rules of the system, but also a good example of shorthand writing in itself and with regular practice, 80 words per minute and above can be achieved.
To become a professional in shorthand, you need to practice hard every day as directed in the lessons and also to continue to practice shorthand till you get through the examination or till you fetch good employment.
There is still a good demand for qualified stenographers in the present-day market and thousands of vacancies in the government and private sector are yet to be filled.