The Complete Personal Finance for Kids and Teenagers Course
The Complete Personal Finance for Kids and Teenagers Course, Teach your children financial literacy through a fun, animated cartoon by an Oxford grad.
What you will learn?
- Learn about personal finance, budgeting and how to manage your money
- Better understand money and the economy
- Understand the role of tax, banks, interest rates, inflation
- Understand debt, student loan, and bankruptcy
- Why you should start saving at a young age
- Understand Roth 401(k) vs 401(k)
- Understand Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA
- Understand risk vs. reward
- Learn about basic investments
- The difference between stocks vs. bonds
- Understand Mutual Funds vs. Index Funds
- Understand compounding interest
- Learn about diversification
- Learn about protecting yourself and insurance
- 26 downloadable resources summarizing each lecture, including homework questions
- 26 quizzes, consisting of 78 multiple choice questions (3 questions per each episode’s quiz)
- There are no requirements for this course, except having a positive attitude to learn.
Whether you end up with a financially comfortable future or struggle endlessly with debt depends on only one thing: your financial literacy. Are you ready to take your personal finance knowledge to the next level while having fun? Do you want a teacher who explains complex finance, business, and economic concepts in an engaging and fun way? Do you wish you had been taught personal finance at an early age?
Then, this course is perfect for you!
In this course, you will learn in a fun, exciting, and engaging way. The course uses animated cartoon videos to help kids and teenagers intuitively understand everything they need to know about personal finance. Topics range from basic financial concepts to investing and saving for retirement.
Besides teaching essential topics that students would learn from any personal finance class, this course provides applicable real-life, practical business concepts that will help your kids start at an early age and become more successful in managing their personal finances.
This course aims to provide you with financial wisdom that’ll help you manage your money to create wealth and live a good life. You will learn many things that take place in the economy to make you smarter with your personal finance. The course is organized into six sections as follows:
- Section 1: Personal Finance
- Lecture 1. Invest In Yourself
- Lecture 2. Financial Freedom
- Lecture 3. The Three Little Pigs & Financial Planning
- Lecture 4. How Should We Think About Money?
- Lecture 5. Budgeting
- Section 2. Understanding Money & The Economy
- Lecture 6. Money vs. Currency
- Lecture 7. What is Tax?
- Lecture 8. The Role of Banks
- Lecture 9. Interest Rates
- Lecture 10. Inflation
- Section 3: Understanding Debt
- Lecture 11. What Is Debt?
- Lecture 12. Bad Debt vs. Good Debt
- Lecture 13. Student Loan
- Lecture 14. What Is Bankruptcy?
- Section 4: Saving For The Future
- Lecture 15. Why Do People Save?
- Lecture 16. Roth 401(K) vs. 401(K)
- Lecture 17. Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA
- Section 5: Investment
- Lecture 18. Parable of the Talents
- Lecture 19. Risk vs. Reward
- Lecture 20. Compounding Interest
- Lecture 21. Stocks vs. Bonds
- Lecture 22. Mutual Funds vs. Index Funds
- Lecture 23. Diversification
- Section 6: Financial Assistance & Tips
- Lecture 24. Insurance
- Lecture 25. How To Avoid Financial Scammers
- Lecture 26. Give Back
Who this course is for:
- This visual learning course is designed to teach personal finance in a fun and engaging way to middle school and high school students (10 to 17 years). It is also relevant and engaging for anyone looking for an intuitive understanding of personal finance concepts.
- Per Udemy’s requirement and restricted topics, this course is intended for purchase only by adults for their children or teenagers. If you are under 18, your parents or guardians must open the account, handle any enrollment, manage the account usage, and supervise your learning.