Learn How To Acquire Self Confidence – A FREE COURSE, How to increase self confidence & self esteem – A Free course.
What is self confidence ?
Self-confidence is an attitude about your skills and abilities. It means you accept and trust yourself and have a sense of control in your life. You know your strengths and weakness well, and have a positive view of yourself. You set realistic expectations and goals, communicate assertively, and can handle criticism.
On the other hand, low self-confidence might make you feel full of self-doubt, be passive or submissive, or have difficulty trusting others. You may feel inferior, unloved, or be sensitive to criticism.
What is a confident person?
Not everyone is born with an inbuilt sense of self-confidence. Sometimes it can be hard to develop confidence, either because personal experiences have caused you to lose confidence or because you suffer from low self-esteem.
A confident person:
- does what they believe is right, even if it’s unpopular
- is willing to take risks
- admits their mistakes and learns from them
- is able to accept a compliment
- is optimistic.
How To Increase Your Self-Confidence
· Recognize and emphasize your strengths. Reward and praise yourself for your efforts and progress.
· When you stumble on an obstacle, treat yourself with kindness and compassion. Don’t dwell on failure.
· Set realistic and achievable goals. Do not expect perfection; it is impossible to be perfect in every aspect of life.
· Slow down when you are feeling intense emotions and think logically about the situation.
· Challenge making assumptions about yourself, people and situations.
· Recognize that past negative life experiences do not dictate your future.
· Express your feelings, beliefs and needs directly and respectfully
· Learn to say no to unreasonable requests.