Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Masterclass, Learn Linux command line skills and professional Shell Scripting skills.
This course covers the following topics:
- Installing VirtualBox and Linux Mint – Covers the basic installation to get you up and running for this course.
- Editors – Vi and Notepad++. Discussion of the command based Vi Editor and some regular editor options.
- Account Management – Root, Sudo, Admin and Regular users.
- File and Directory Permissions – Permissions on Files and Folders. User, Group and Others.
- Linux Commands – File and Directory Commands, User Info Commands, Networking Commands, SSH and File Transfer Commands, Disk Commands, Security Commands, Archiving Commands, Search Commands, Installation Commands
- Vi Editor – Commands frequently used in the Vi Editor.
- Shell Expansion – Brace expansion, Tilde expansion, Parameter expansion, Command substitution, Arithmetic expansion, Process substitution, Word splitting, Filename expansion, Quotes.
- Basic Shell Scripting – Fundamentals of Shell Scripting.
- Braces, Brackets & Parentheses – Evaluation of Expressions.
- File Descriptors – Std Input, Std Output & Std Error
- Iterations – While loops, For loops, Until loops
- Case Statements
- IF Statements
- Regular Expressions – Use of Regular Expressions in Pattern Matching.
- AWK – Use of AWK to extract and format data.
- SED – Use of SED to perform search and replace functions.
- Grep – Use of Grep to search for patterns of data.
- Utilities – Cut, Sort and Uniq
- Cron Scheduling – Perform automated batch processing.
- Processing Input and Output
- Master Script – 5hrs of content covering different areas of Corporate Shell scripting.