Electronics : Diode (Part 1) – A Solid State Approach
Electronics : Diode (Part 1) – A Solid State Approach. Diode as a Solid State Device-know what is happening inside the diode-Very useful for 2nd year Electronics Engg students.
Learn the fundamentals of Diodes and take the first leap to the world of Electronics.This course is on Diode as a Solid State Device.In this course we will thoroughly learn what happens inside a Diode under various applied voltages.So lets have a highlight of the entire course quickly-
- Understand the fundamentals of P-N Junction Semiconductor diode.In this lecture we will understand the Diode from Solid State approach,that is we will learn what actually happens inside the Diode under different circumstances.
- Properties of P-N Junction Semiconductor diode (Concept of Energy Band Diagram,Depletion Width,Electric Field at the junction etc).
- Mathematical expressions for Electric potential, Depletion Layer under Equilibrium.
- Discussion on Quasi-Fermi level and Energy Band Diagram plot.
- Carrier concentration as a Function of distance under applied forward bias.
- Current Density as a function of distance under applied forward bias.
- A common misunderstanding-Cut in voltage VS Built in voltage.
- V-I Characteristics of Diode under different bias conditions.
- Understand Diode function Generator & Diode Transfer-function Generator.
- Diode properties under reverse biased condition.
- Discussion on Breakdown phenomena-Avalanche Breakdown & Zener Breakdown.