What is Data Science?, Build your mathematics and statistics foundations strongly and ensure your Data science fundamentals are in place!
A Data Scientist dons many hats in his/her workplace. Not only are Data Scientists responsible for business analytics, they are also involved in building data products and software platforms, along with developing visualizations and machine learning algorithms
Data Analytics career prospects depend not only on how good are you with programming —equally important is the ability to influence companies to take action. As you work for an organization, you will improve your communication skills.
A Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions. Data Analysts gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends – as such a Data Analyst job description should highlight the analytical nature of the role.
Key skills for a data analyst
- A high level of mathematical ability.
- Programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle and Python.
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret data.
- Problem-solving skills.
- A methodical and logical approach.
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.