Steps In Estate Planning, Learn about the Estate Planning Process and take the necessary steps to plan your Estate.
Estate planning is about how you distribute your estate – the assets and savings that you owned – according to your wishes after your death. It is about making sure that the people and causes you care about, receive some of your estate in the amount and manner you want them to.
In this course, we will cover the following steps of the Estate Planning Process:
- Deciding on the means of transferring your assets
- Executing your Estate Plan
- Reviewing your Estate Plan
Under the Means of Estate Transfer, we will discuss:
- Transfers before death
- Transfers through the probate process
- Transfers through Will substitutes
We will also discuss concepts such as:
- Testamentary Trust
- Rules of Survivorship
- CPF Nomination
- Nomination Of Insurance Nominees
- Expenses incurred in an Estate Transfer
- Lasting Power Of Attorney (LPA)
There are also Case Studies to help you understanding the concepts of:
- Net Estate value
- Disbursement of moneys
- Concerns about death and losing mental capacity
This course is suitable for anyone who has substantial financial assets and wishes to do Estate Planning. Please note, however, that some of the concepts in this course are only applicable in Singapore.